Wednesday, 29 April 2015

REVIEW: To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han

Review

Title : To All The Boys I've Loved Before

Author : Jenny Han

Genre : Contemporary Romance

Star Rating : 4 ****

Goodreads Synopsis

To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before is the story of Lara Jean, who has never openly admitted her crushes, but instead wrote each boy a letter about how she felt, sealed it, and hid it in a box under her bed. But one day Lara Jean discovers that somehow her secret box of letters has been mailed, causing all her crushes from her past to confront her about the letters: her first kiss, the boy from summer camp, even her sister's ex-boyfriend, Josh. As she learns to deal with her past loves face to face, Lara Jean discovers that something good may come out of these letters after all.

Review
To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han is a fun, contemporary YA romance that follows the story of a young girl called Lara Jean and her misfortunes in love. 

Lara Jean has had a habit of writing letters to all of her crushes in order to get over them. One of those letters are even written to her sister's ex- boyfriend and one of Lara Jeans' good friend, Josh. However, one day her letters are mysteriously mailed and Lara is forced to confront the boy's from her past as they come crawling back to haunt her. However, not all misfortunes are completely bad. 

I loved this novel! It was everything and more that I could ask from a contemporary romance! A love triangle? YES! , A couple of hot guys? YES! and a main protagonist that is completely relatable? YES! The story of Lara Jean was written beautifully and I flew through this novel. The characters were all totally relatable as if they had just stepped out of your college and deposited themselves in this fun, lovable read. Jenny Han is a much loved writer in the YA community and after this novel being my first read from her, I couldn't agree more. She totally get's the lives of young adults and the trials and tribulations that they go through everyday. 

Now, you might be asking ' Why only four stars if you're giving such a stellar review?'. Well, my only problem was that I would have liked the story to have developed just a little more, just to satisfy my thirst for information about various things that  go on within the story however, that was really my only problem with the novel all together. 

Now, if you're interested in this novel I believe that there is a second one called 'P.S I Still Love You'. However, I'm not one hundred percent sure when it's out. It may be out in the U.S already but you can check that out! 

That's it guys! I hope you enjoyed this review and if you have any comments or questions leave them in the comments section below. 

As well as this I am now a Book Depository Affiliate so if you want to buy this book click on the link below and I will get a little commission from it! Book depository have tons of reasonably priced books and ship free worldwide! As always make sure you follow my social media as I update them almost everyday!

That's it for now!
See You Soon!

Book Depository Affiliate :http://www.bookdepository.com/?a_aid=onceuponanovel
Twitter @uponanovel
Instagram @uponanovel
Goodreads : thefreeelf

No comments:

Post a Comment