Monday, 4 May 2015

LIEBSTER AWARD!



Yesterday afternoon a lovely girl called Helen from readingmywaytoinsanity.blogspot.gr  notified me on Instagram that she had nominated me for the Liebster Award and I am so thankful that someone actually took the time to read my little blog and nominate me for this.  So, thank you again Helen! 

This award is in place so bloggers big and small can interact with one another and promote friendships through the similar hobby of blogging. There are few steps to this award whichI will go through as I complete each section. First though, I must state the rules. 

Rules 
* Link back to the person that nominated you for this award.
* Give 11 random facts about yourself.
*Answer 11 questions from your nominator.
* Nominate 11 bloggers.
* Come upo with 11 questions for your nominees and inform them that you have nominated them.

Okay! So here are the 11 random facts about myself.

1. I'm obsessed with the idea of someday travelling around the world. It's one of my greatest dreams.
2. I'm 18 years old which some people find shocking because apparently I look about 12.
3. I am currently working towards going to University in September to study English Literature and     Publishing.
4. I hope to someday be living in New York and working for a huge publishing company.
5. I live in Wales. Yes, that is a country! I always find it shocking that some people think Wales is in England. It's not people! They are two separate countries right next to each other!
6. I am a planner addict. Everything has to be planned out. 
7. I've never had a pet. Unless you count a couple of fish when I was four. 
8. Reading provides me with an escape and allows me to become someone else. That's what I love the most about books. 
9. I'm probably the worst person ever at Maths but I excel in English. 
10. Until around year 10 in school I hated English. Funny how things change huh!
11. I have a very small, close group of friends and I wouldn't trade that for all the friends in the world. 

Now, I have a a bunch of questions from Helen to answer!

1. Who's your book boyfriend/girlfriend?
I'd say Peter Mellark from the Hunger Games trilogy is my book boyfriend however, Bellamy from The 100 series is definitely giving him a run for his money!

2. Book that got you into reading?
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. Harry Potter was a big influence on my reading when I was younger.

3. Favourite Bookstore?
Waterstones

4. Cheapest and most expensive book you've ever bought?
The cheapest book I've ever bought was like a guide to Italy which I bought when I went to Sorrento and it was like three euros but, the most expensive book I've bought was my Game of Thrones Boxed set.

5. Favourite reading weather?
I love it when it's cold out side and it's raining an dreary and your cuddled up on the sofa by the fire with a hot chocolate however, I do love it when it's sunny and you can sit out side and lap up the rays, listen to the birds and enjoy a good book.

6. First review you ever posted on your blog?
We Were Liars by E. Lockhart

7. Do you plan out TBR's ?
I do plan out TBR's but, I never stick to them.

8. Do you have any posters from the books you've read or their movie adaptations?
I have one poster of the movie adaptation of The Hunger Games and the map of Westeros and the free cities from the Game of Thrones. I don't really have much room for posters in my room so I don't have many.

9. Do you read many books at a time or one at a time?
One at a time. I can't concentrate on more than one thing at once.

10. E-books or physical copies?
Physical copies. I just love being able to hold a book and being able to turn the pages to see how much more of the book there is to go. You don't get the same feeling with e-copies.

11. Favourite book ever? 
I'm going to say the Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins because that was the book that really got me into dystopian and Sci - Fi and Fantasy and I've never looked back!

So now I'm going to write my questions for the nominees!
1. What is your all time favourite book?

2. Who is your favourite author?

3. Pristine or damaged book?

4. Is cracking the spine of a book acceptable in your eyes?

5. Favourite snack to eat when your reading?

6. What is your most favourite genre and your most hated genre?

7. Favourite weather for reading?

8. Do you like complete silence when reading or do you like some music or the television on etc?

9. Favourite book to movie adaptation?

10. E-books or physical copies?

11. Why did you start your blog?

And now my nominees are as follows...
(Names are taken from Instagram)

1. Novels and Necklaces 

2. Biblioaddict

3. Sandrathebookworm

4. Thegeekerybook

5. Bookbloggityblog

6. Iamageekingginer

7. Littlebluemermaid

8. Therebelreads

9. A.Bibliophiles.Dreams

10. athousandwordsamillionbook

11.Msmelissalarkin

I hope you all don't mind me nominating you for this award! Make sure that you comment here on on Twitter or Instagram because this whole thing is about making friends in the blogging community. I think thats it! I hope you like my questions!

Social Media and other links 
Twitter :@uponanovel
Instagram : @uponanovel
Goodreads : thefreeelf

4 comments:

  1. thank you lovely for the nomination! I can't wait to get writing a post on this! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I think this is such a lovely idea! Let me know when you've written your post so I can check it out!

      Delete
  2. I'm about to post it! I loved this award, And I loved your questions. We have a lot in common according to your random facts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved reading your post! Your random facts basically described me!

      Delete