Saturday, 30 May 2015

MAY BOOK HAUL

Hey Guys!

Today I thought I would do my May Book haul as I've accumulated quite a few books this month. 12 books to be exact. I'd just like to say before I start that I have bought all of these books with my own money that I have saved. I'm not being paid to promote any books nor have I been sent any books by any publishers or authors.

Today's review should go up tomorrow because I wanted to get this haul up today! i hope you don't mind that!

Let's get on with the haul!

The first book I bought this month was 'All The Bright Places' by Jennifer Niven. This book has been circling the blogosphere and booktube for quite some time and I was interested to see what is was all about.

This book follows a boy called Theodore Finch and a girl called Violet Markey who go to the same school and meet on the top of the school bell tower one day. Theodore had a fascination with death and always thinks of ways he might kill himself whereas Violet lives for the future and loves adventure.  They seem to get on but as Theodore's life shrinks, Violet's grows.

I thought this sounded really interesting and it has had rave reviews. It's definitely piqued my interest/

Buy it here http://www.bookdepository.com/book/9780385755887/?a_aid=onceuponanovel

Again, 'A Court of Thorns and Roses' by Sarah J.Mass was a highly anticipated novel. I'm ashamed to say I haven't read any of her work yet but, I thought I'd try out this first book in a new trilogy by her. From what I have heard this is supposed to be a Beauty and the Beast retelling which grabbed my attention straight away!

So, this book follows a girl called Feyre who kills a wolf in the woods. A beast comes to her and demands retiribution for it's death. She finds out that this beast is not a beast but Tamlin - a lethal immortal faerie. I think she starts to fall in love with him or something and she also has to save Tamlin's faerie world from this darkness or something.

That sounded really awesome and I can't wait to get started on it!

Buy it here
http://www.bookdepository.com/book/9781619634442/?a_aid=onceuponanovel

Te next book I bought this month was 'The Narrow Road To The Deep North' by Richard Flanagan. This book didn't really entice me at first and I never really felt tempted to buy it but, it was staring at me in the bookstore and I had to pick it up.

This book follows a guy called Dorrigo Evans, a surgeon, living in the despair of the Japanese POW camp on the Burma Death Railway. He is haunted by an affair he had with his uncles wife the year before. He receives a letter that changes his life forever.

That's basically what I can grasp from the synopsis. It's sounds really interesting and it doesn't clearly say what the book is about so I can't wait to dive into this maybe in the summer?

Buy it here
http://www.bookdepository.com/book/9780701189051/?a_aid=onceuponanovel



This is another book I've been interested for a while, so when I saw this edition for £1.00 at one of my local bookstores in the sale I grabbed it. This one doesn't have all the illustrations but, I just love this cover.

We follow a boy called Connor who had had the same nightmare every night since his mother started treatment. One night he awakes to see that there is a monster in his room but, its not the monster from his dreams. It's a wild, ancient monster who wants something from him.

Again, this sounded really intriguing and it looks like a relatively quick read. So I can't wait to pick it up.

Buy it here
http://www.bookdepository.com/book/9780763660659/?a_aid=onceuponanovel

I just picked this book up last minute. I didn't even read the back of it, I just liked the cover!

Anyway, this book follows a girls called Katie, who's sister has been found dead in Bali. The police have decided that is was a suicide but, Katie doesn't think thats right. She uses her sisters travel journal to try and find out what really happened.

It sounds really mysterious and I haven't read anything like this before so I'm excited to read it!

Buy it here
http://www.bookdepository.com/book/9780007481347/?a_aid=onceuponanovel





This is the third book in 'The 100' series by Kass Morgan. I've read the first one but not the second and third. So, of course, I picked it up when I saw it. The TV show is also amazing and I'd highly recommend it. It's very different to the books but, they are both good in themselves.

The 100 series follows 100 juvenile delinquents that have been sent from the ARC in space to see if the Earth is survivable again after a nuclear war. It basically follows their story as they survive Earth.

I'm excited for this but, I'm probably not going to get to it for a while!
Buy all three here!
http://www.bookdepository.com/book/9781444766882/?a_aid=onceuponanovel



The next two books I bought were 'Tempest' and 'Vortex' by Julie Cross. These are the first two books in 'The Tempest' trilogy. My friend had been recommending this trilogy to me for a while so when I saw the first two books in TK Maxx for £2.00 I decided to pick them up.

From what I can gather we follow this guy that can time travel and when his girlfriend is shot he jumps back in time and can't return and he only has a certain amount of time to get back to present day before the future is altered. Something like that anyway! Haha

I don't think I'll be getting to these for a while yet and I want to get the third book 'Timestorm' so I can marathon this trilogy!

Buy them all here
http://www.bookdepository.com/book/9780330543804/?a_aid=onceuponanovel



The final set of books I bought were 'The Enemy' books by Charlie Higson. I didn't get them all but, I managed to get the first five for £4.00 in TK Maxx which I thought was an amazing deal.

These books are set in London at a time where a disease has taken over everyone over the age of 14. Some died whilst others turned into crazed, hungry zombies out for blood but there are rumours there are safe places to hide.

This sounded very interesting and reminded me a little of the 'Gone' series by Michael Grant. I'm really excited to get started on this series because it's sounds really mysterious.







Buy it here http://www.bookdepository.com/book/9780141325019/a_aid=onceuponanovel

So, that is my May Book Haul. I hope you enjoyed it and that I interested you to some new books. Let me know in the comments if you've read any of these books and what you thought of them. I'm sorry about the really bad summaries but, I hope I piqued your interest a little bit.

Thanks for reading!

See You Soon!

Social Media
Twitter: @uponanovel
Google+: Rhian Clement
Instagram: @uponanovel
Goodreads: thefreeelf

No comments:

Post a Comment